Call for an Appointment: 905-264-0442

Servicing: Woodbridge, Vaughan, Maple, Kleinburg & Surrounding Areas

Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR)

Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR) is a unique neurological reflexive treatment system based in neurology, biomechanics, neurophysiology and anatomy. It uses the understanding of receptors (sensory nerve endings) of the body and the central nervous system to produce changes in receptor signaling.

 

The brain interprets all input and determines what changes (functional or dysfunctional) if needs to make to allow you to continue doing the things you need to do, whether it’s doing your last set of bench presses or vacuuming up dog hair off the carpet. 75% of our brain receives information (inputs) while the remaining 25% is used to send information (outputs). P-DTR takes advantage of this fact and treats the dysfunctional receptors and neurological pathways by resetting them and down-regulating the signals. It corrects the incorrect input signals your brain is receiving to change the way your body behaves and moves.

 

P-DTR treatments are pain free and noninvasive. Feel free to check about our BLOG post for more information.

 

This is a Physiotherapy technique provided by Danette Lam. Book an appointment or a consult with her to learn more.